Blog See all Articles

Breaking: Bill O’Reilly out at Fox News Channel

Sexual harassment claims fell a giant

Matthew Vadum author image / /   6 Comments

Apparently, the extended “vacation” Bill O’Reilly had been taking from his show, “The O’Reilly Factor,” was a cover story.

Off-camera unseen forces raged against him, culminating in Fox News Channel’s admission today that O’Reilly is getting the boot.

As Fox’s Howard Kurtz is reporting:

Fox News is cutting ties with Bill O’Reilly, the biggest star in its 20-year history, after mounting allegations of sexual harassment and inappropriate behavior prompted the network to end his program.

“After a thorough and careful review of the allegations,” parent company 21st Century Fox said in a statement, “the company and Bill O’Reilly have agreed that Bill O’Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel.”

Today’s decision seemed unimaginable a few short weeks ago, given O’Reilly’s long reign as the top-rated host in cable news.

But the climate shifted dramatically after The New York Times reported on April 1 that O’Reilly or Fox had paid $13 million to settle five cases against him alleging sexual or other harassment. More than 50 advertisers withdrew from his prime-time show, and 21st Century Fox asked a law firm to investigate a complaint from a woman who said O’Reilly dropped efforts to make her a contributor in 2013 after she turned down his invitation to visit his hotel room.

Of course, many claims of sexual harassment in the workplace are fabricated for whatever reason (though five cases is a lot). O’Reilly could be totally innocent but when advertisers abandon ship, it’s over.

The disgusting fake media watchdog, the George Soros-funded Media Matters for America, is already crowing about taking out O’Reilly and no doubt its propaganda played a role.

For what it’s worth, I appeared on “The O’Reilly Factor” three times over the years, most recently in 2015 about manufactured leftist anarchy in Ferguson, Missouri. Here’s the video:

Bill O’Reilly wasn’t the easiest guy to deal with but I’ll miss him.

Meanwhile, O’Reilly’s departure will dramatically alter the Fox nightly lineup.

According to Kurtz, beginning this Monday, Tucker Carlson’s show will move from 9 p.m. Eastern to the O’Reilly slot at 8 p.m. “The Five” will jump from 5 to 9 p.m. On May 1, Eric Bolling, a co-host of “The Five,” will debut an hourlong show in the 5 p.m. slot. Martha MacCallum’s show, “First 100 Days,” will become permanent at 7 p.m., presumably with a new name at some point.