The newly agreed upon $1 trillion-plus spending package that will keep the federal government operating through Sept. 30 contains no funding for President Trump’s desperately needed border wall or crackdown on lawless sanctuary cities that let MS-13 gang members run wild.
This is because House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wisc.) has no interest whatsoever in ending the open-borders free-for-all that has been the status quo for decades. Ryan supports the lawlessness. He profits from it. He may as well cross the aisle and become a Democrat.
Fox News reports:
Republican and Democratic lawmakers forged a $1.07 trillion spending package that would fund the government through the end of September, but does not include some of President Trump’s cornerstone promises including funding for a border wall or funding cuts to sanctuary cities.
The proposed legislation has no funding for Trump’s oft-promised wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, but does set aside $1.5 billion for border security measures such as additional detention beds. It does give Trump a $12.5 billion down payment on his request to strengthen the military, a figure which could rise to $15 billion should Trump present Congress with a plan for fighting the Islamic State terror group. The proposed $15 billion amounts to half of Trump’s original $30 billion request.
Trump said at nearly every campaign stop last year that Mexico would pay for the proposed 2,000-mile border wall, a claim Mexican leaders have broadly rejected. The White House sought nearly $1.4 billion in taxpayer dollars for the wall and related costs in the spending bill, but Trump later relented and said the issue could wait until September.
The RINOs score yet another victory.